Monday, August 23, 2010

Seminary

What is seminary, you ask? Oh wait, you don't ask because most of you did seminary as high schoolers? Well, for those of you who didn't, this is seminary. And I get to teach the version that meets from 6:30 a.m. - 7:20 a.m. every morning, Monday to Friday. Why, you ask?

Well, when I was engaged to my husband, I used to sing that song from the Sound of Music to myself, "Perhaps I had a wicked childhood, perhaps I had a miserable youth, but somewhere in my wicked, miserable past, there must have been a moment of truth. For here you are standing there loving me, whether or not you should. So somewhere in my youth or childhood, I must have done something good." I still feel that way--I don't even know how I got to be so lucky and blessed to marry this man whom I love so much. I must have done something good.

And for all the rest of my iniquity...I get to teach seminary. I'm kidding...or am I? My current Facebook status says: "Nothing like teaching seminary to help you realize that teenagers do not think you're cool." And then one of my cousins (a teenager) commented and described the typical uncool female seminary teacher. Wait, what was that? Are you talking about me? Ugh...well, I better go to bed. 6:30 comes early.

1 comment:

  1. Does anyone think ANYONE is cool at 6:30 in the morning? :)
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete